Posted to gsod2019@cassandra.apache.org by lakshay gupta <la...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/18 11:19:26 UTC

GSoD query

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm a second year engineering student and want to be a part of GSoD.

I would be really grateful if you could help in solving my following
queries :-
1. Can students also apply for the program or is it only open for
professionals ?
2. If yes, then will the workload of GSoD be manageable along with regular
college?

Thanks and regards
Lakshay

Re: GSoD query

Posted by Dinesh Joshi <dj...@icloud.com.INVALID>.
Hi Lakshay,

Thank you for your interest. Please see my answers to your questions inline below.

Thanks,

Dinesh

I don't believe there is a restriction. Consult the program rules before you apply: https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/terms/program-rules

> 2. If yes, then will the workload of GSoD be manageable along with regular
> college?

It depends. Contributing high quality documentation will require some time commitment over an extended period of time. Based on the project you're working on it could be a few hours a week of effort.