Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Tom LeRoux <to...@kargo.com> on 2000/08/17 15:51:15 UTC

xsl:param in xsl:output not expanding...

Howdy group.

I'm trying to create a stylesheet which will output in different encodings
based on a stylesheet parameter.

So, I whipped up the following test case.  To my dismay, the param
"encoding" does not get expanded in the xsl:output tag, but does get
expanded in a template.  I'm sure I read that the scope of a stylesheet
parameter was global, so I'm not quite sure why this doesn't work.  Any help
before I start digging?

Thanks.

-Tom

--- foo.xsl -----------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:param name="encoding" select="'UTF-8'"/>
<xsl:output encoding="$encoding"/>

    <xsl:template match="foo">
        Encoding should be <xsl:copy-of select="$encoding"/>
    </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<foo/>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="$encoding"?>

        Encoding should be UTF-8