Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2006/01/22 11:29:56 UTC

Re: svn commit: r371227 - /httpd/httpd/branches/async-read-dev/modules/ssl/ssl_engine_io.c

brianp@apache.org wrote:

> +    /* XXX: for now, do blocking reads even if running in
> +     * an asynchronous httpd.  mod_ssl will need some changes
> +     * to deal with EAGAIN properly.
> +     */
> +    block = APR_BLOCK_READ;

WHAT?!?  Absolute -1 veto.

I don't care how/what is going on, if the caller can do more work (the current
filter or end handler) without further results, we cannot block here the way
you have.  When they say we need to pause to actually obtain more bytes, by
passing APR_BLOCK_READ, then yes; we need to block.

This commit defeats all speculative read strategies.

Bill