Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by wq meng <wq...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/29 21:30:08 UTC

How kindly show how to set-up advanced network with the VLan configuration of a switch.

How kindly show how to set-up advanced network with the VLan configuration
of a switch.

I have searched much, but not find any documents to show how to setup the
VLan for a Advanced network deployment of CS4.01.

I am confused by the Vlan setup on the switch side,  is all the nodes
switch ports has to be changed to be *trunk *mode?

And how to tag the Vlan IDs and how to untag them?

How to get the node port access all the necessary vlans ?

What's the range of Vlan 300 - 500,  Shoud I setup all the vlans from
300-500?

Thank you very much.

Re: How kindly show how to set-up advanced network with the VLan configuration of a switch.

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
The old install guide seems to have example configurations for dell and
cisco, this might be of help:
http://download.cloud.com/releases/3.0.0/CloudStack3.0.0-3.0.2InstallGuide.pdf(page
111)

Posted by wq meng <wq...@gmail.com>.