Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by David Frenkiel <df...@shoptext.com> on 2007/03/01 22:23:59 UTC

Unique Key Constraint Violations with MySQL

Hello, All.

I just started evaluating OfBiz (with MySQL) and overall things are
going well.

The only issue I'm having is with unique key constraints on various
tables.

For example, when I hit the submit button a couple times quickly when
logging into the catalog manager, I get the following error:

---------------------

SQL Exception while executing the following:

INSERT INTO USER_LOGIN_HISTORY (USER_LOGIN_ID, VISIT_ID, FROM_DATE,
THRU_DATE, PARTY_ID, PASSWORD_USED, SUCCESSFUL_LOGIN,
LAST_UPDATED_STAMP, LAST_UPDATED_TX_STAMP, CREATED_STAMP,
CREATED_TX_STAMP)

VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)

Duplicate key or integrity constraint violation message from server:
Duplicate entry 'admin-2007-03-01 15:35:00' for key 1. Rolling back
transaction.

---------------------

The key appears to be composed of the username and the timestamp. And
since the timestamp is only granular to the second, I get a violation
when two requests come in too quickly.

I assume this is only a problem on MySQL. Besides dropping the primary
key from the table (or switching to Postgres) is there something simple
I can do to resolve this?

Thanks very much.

David Frenkiel

ShopText, Inc.

Re: Setting Up Access to Multiple Stores

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <as...@adititechlabs.com>.
Party --> Security section will help you.

--
Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya

Office : 509.855.4113
Cell    : 91-989-347-9711

Setting Up Access to Multiple Stores

RE: Unique Key Constraint Violations with MySQL

Posted by David Frenkiel <df...@shoptext.com>.
Hello, David.

No, I don't need rapid logins.

I've seen this issue also on the SERVER_HIT table.

For example,

SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO SERVER_HIT
(VISIT_ID, CONTENT_ID, HIT_START_DATE_TIME, HIT_TYPE_ID,
INTERNAL_CONTENT_ID, NUM_OF_BYTES, RUNNING_TIME_MILLIS, USER_LOGIN_ID,
PARTY_ID, STATUS_ID, REQUEST_URL, REFERRER_URL,
ID_BY_IP_CONTACT_MECH_ID, REF_BY_WEB_CONTACT_MECH_ID, SERVER_IP_ADDRESS,
SERVER_HOST_NAME, LAST_UPDATED_STAMP, LAST_UPDATED_TX_STAMP,
CREATED_STAMP, CREATED_TX_STAMP) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?,
?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) (Duplicate key or integrity constraint
violation message from server: "Duplicate entry
'10022-shoptext.images-2007-02-28 14:29:26-REQUEST' for key 1"))).
Rolling back transaction.

In this case, if the same image is referenced in an HTML page (a spacer
gif, for example) I'll see lot's of these exceptions.

Of course, if I put this into production I'm going to serve images
directly from the web server. So that'll sorta resolve it.

However, what if I have a SOAP service exposed? Will that also result in
writes to the SERVER_HIT table? And thus generate many of these
exceptions?

Perhaps it's not really a big deal but it certainly clutters up the
logs.

Thanks very much for the assistance.
David F.

Are you saying you have a requirement to support a rapid succession
of logins?

-David

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.