Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Marco Poli <ma...@ivyteam.ch> on 2000/11/14 08:35:18 UTC

transport implementation which works with proxy

Hi,

since I had problems sending the requests through a proxy I implemented a
different version of SOAPTransport.
Most code is copied from org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection but
it uses the java.net.HTTPUrlConnection instead of a direct socket connection.

Java uses the two System properties http.proxyHost and http.proxyPort to
configure the proxy server.

Now if your proxy needs authentification you can set your own Authenticator:
    java.net.Authenticator.setDefault(yourOwnAuthenticator);
which gets called by the HTTPUrlConnection object, so you can also provide
username and pw.

I'm not sure whether the next version supports proxies anyway (there was no
sign in the cvs lastly).
So I implemented this in a separate package.

Maybe it is of interest
- Marco