Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by John Martin <pb...@yahoo.com> on 2006/08/05 00:01:21 UTC

Re: binding RMIDispatcher to client

HELP!

I've been running into the same problem as what was reported in this thread
before.  When attempting to run a RMI client I get the exception:

org.ofbiz.service.rmi.socket.ssl.SSLClientSocketFactory; local class
incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -6771263703492769955, local
class serialVersionUID = 2417260480409974286
	at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)

Hopefully this has been resolved by someone?

Thanks!

John

Here's my steps:

1. clean build of the application server: ant build (command line)

   codebase: ofbiz_opentaps_424208
   WindowsXP
   java 1.4.2
   Eclipse 3.1

2. Copied the following jars into my classpath:
   ofbiz-base.jar
   ofbiz-entity.jar   <--- There were some dependencies found in this jar
   ofbiz-service-rmi.jar
   commons-collections.jar
   javolution.jar
   jdbm.jar
   log4j.jar

   NOTE:  I had to add a line to the ofbiz-service-rmi.jar (rmi-jar) build.xml
script because there were a bunch of references into the org.ofbiz.service
directories not getting pulled in.

    <fileset dir="${build.dir}/classes" includes="org/ofbiz/service/**"/>

3. start application startofbiz.bat

4. In Eclipse, run the RMI Client Example.

When I attempt to execute this line:

    rd = (RemoteDispatcher) Naming.lookup(RMI_URL);

I get the following exception:

java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling return; nested exception is:
	java.io.InvalidClassException:
org.ofbiz.service.rmi.socket.ssl.SSLClientSocketFactory; local class
incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -6771263703492769955, local
class serialVersionUID = 2417260480409974286
	at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at java.rmi.Naming.lookup(Unknown Source)
	at org.ofbiz.service.rmi.ExampleRemoteClient.<init>(ExampleRemoteClient.java:55)
	at org.ofbiz.service.rmi.ExampleRemoteClient.main(ExampleRemoteClient.java:76)
Caused by: java.io.InvalidClassException:
org.ofbiz.service.rmi.socket.ssl.SSLClientSocketFactory; local class
incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -6771263703492769955, local
class serialVersionUID = 2417260480409974286
	at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.read(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.LiveRef.read(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef2.readExternal(Unknown Source)
	at java.rmi.server.RemoteObject.readObject(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeReadObject(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)
	... 4 more

Re: binding RMIDispatcher to client

Posted by Wojciech Gdela <el...@poczta.onet.pl>.
Hello,

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/io/Serializable.html

"However, it is _strongly_recommended_ that all serializable classes
explicitly declare serialVersionUID values, since the default
serialVersionUID computation is highly sensitive to class details that
may vary depending on compiler implementations, and can thus result in
unexpected InvalidClassExceptions during deserialization."

See also:
http://www.javapractices.com/Topic45.cjp

--
Best regards,
Wojciech Gdela

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
For that in Eclipse you may use Windows/Preferences/General/Workspace : "refresh automatically"

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Brett Palmer <br...@gmail.com>.