Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de> on 2020/09/07 09:38:58 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache IoTDB Graduation

Hi all,

as already stated some time ago [1], the Apacher IoTDB community decided that it feels ready to graduate.
The maturity assesment is done [2], and the community agreed on starting the graduation process in a formal vote [3] (result see [4]).
Ist important to note that all our mentors also participated in the vote with a positive vote!

The community also decided about a suggestion fort he initial VP and a charta [5, 6] as follows:

The PPMC will suggest the board Xiangdong Huang as first VP for Apache IoTDB

The suggested Charta of IoTDB is „An IoT native database with high performance for data management and analysis, on the edge and the cloud“.

We also did an internal discussion which PPMC members want to join the PMC as it is estalished, all details can be found here [7].

So, I wanted to bring up the discussion about the incubators and the IPMCs thoughts about IoTDBs matureness and ist readiness to graduate.

What do you think?

Finally, big thanks to our Mentors Chris, Justin and Kevin who were really helpful in the whole process (as they were all the time) and to all members of the awesome IoTDB Community!

Julian (on behalf of the IoTDB Community)

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r83af02254859c88f2555778e59a5a6fc72a1d9bb4c30c52a82065353%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=148645763

[3] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r5fe46923c8625601a25e51340f1df6a2b6472e52dfa2648df116f618%40%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E
[4] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rd99752552f6ecacaebd4ae4b27b4223c7899aabfa3ea22540a8f0924%40%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E
[5] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ra072c0f047c25a439088d12a3fca9e38f67870e71a430772b242343c%40%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E
[6] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r884906a2fb1f7e1b6538f9c444d763f2ea6964bbbc707b2a832f8c7c%40%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E
[7] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r768dace1874ac9e1eed6ed138ae1a686b381a9775ba648d0fa5cef22%40%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache IoTDB Graduation

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.
The community is healthy and active.
Congrats

Thanks,
Ming Wen, Apache APISIX & Apache SkyWalking
Twitter: _WenMing

jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com> 于2020年9月8日周二 上午7:42写道:

Posted by jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
From the brief, seems the community is quite active. Congrats.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
IoTDB made a great progress in community building and software
developing and releasing.
Congratulations!  I'm sure that IoTDB can go even better and faster
after graduation :)

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qi...@apache.org>.
Thanks for all of your trust and encouragement, we will try our best to
build a better community and software!

Jialin Qiao
Apache IoTDB PPMC

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache IoTDB Graduation