Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Fernanda Emanuella Silveira <fe...@inf.ufsc.br> on 2003/04/30 03:25:40 UTC

RE: Socket Appender Customization (fwd)

       http://www.qos.ch/shop/products/clm_t.jsp

RE: Socket Appender Customization (fwd)

Posted by Clive Beavis <cb...@naniqsystems.com>.
I have not had any trouble with this at all. I found that typically once the
connection can be re-established just one message is lost then things get in
sync just fine. It would be nice if the one message that seems to cause
log4j to attempt the reconnection did not get lost as the connection is
established.

I am using multiple socket appenders from multiple applications to one
socket listener. I run test specifically to kill each end either via closing
down of the application or physically removing the wires. I have test up to
6 application all logging to the same port with no problems

Regards

Clive

650 372 5204 (office)
650 372 5201 (fax)