Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Mohammad Hassan Pandi <pa...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/21 13:01:19 UTC

Empty indexes folder after crawling!

follwing http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchHadoopTutorial I crawled
lucene.apache.org with command

> bin/nutch crawl urlsdir -dir crawl -depth 3

and copy the whole thing to local file system by running the command

> bin/hadoop dfs -copyToLocal crawl /d01/local/

but the indexes folder is empty. this causes no result when searching
for a query in nutch UI!!!!

Re: Empty indexes folder after crawling!

Posted by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
try reading the tutorial on the wiki for <1.3 release. It gives step by step
stages for crawling and indexing then setting up Nutch WAR in Tomcat and
searching. You can find it under archives section in Nutch wiki

--
*Lewis*

Re: Empty indexes folder after crawling!

Posted by Mohammad Hassan Pandi <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.

--
*Lewis*