Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lau Eng Huat <to...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/19 00:52:40 UTC

Critical Problem Tomcat 7

Hi Guys,

I have a strange problem. I have deleted a servlet from the project in
netbeans but the uncompile source code still says the file exist. I have
deleted the WEB-INF\classes and did a clean and build. Still the problems
exists. Does anybody knows how to solved this problem ???

Jan 19, 2012 7:46:37 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Marking servlet AdminCardServletLogin as unavailable
Jan 19, 2012 7:46:37 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Allocate exception for servlet ServletABC
java.lang.RuntimeException: Uncompilable source code -
AllReadyDeletedServlet

Thanks in Advanced

Re: Critical Problem Tomcat 7

Posted by Brian Burch <br...@pingtoo.com>.

> Lau,
>
> On 1/18/12 6:52 PM, Lau Eng Huat wrote:
>> I have a strange problem. I have deleted a servlet from the project
>> in netbeans but the uncompile source code still says the file
>> exist.
>
> I'll bite. What does "uncomple source code" mean.
>
> Did you delete the .class file or the .java file or both?
>
>> I have deleted the WEB-INF\classes and did a clean and build.
>> Still the problems exists. Does anybody knows how to solved this
>> problem ???
>
> It's not really clear what the problem is.
>
> If you think something is really out-of-sync, you should:
>
> 1. Stop Tomcat
> 2. Completely remove your WAR file or exploded WAR Directory
> 3. Completely remove your CATALINA_BASE/work directory and its
>     contents
> 4. Re-build your webapp cleanly and re-deploy it
> 5. Start Tomcat

If those very sensible five steps don't help, then...

6. It might be worth clearing the contents of the
~/.netbeans/x.x/cache/ directory, too. (You won't find the file in an
obvious package hierarchy of directories - it is probably just lumped
into one of the all-*.dat files). If you wipe out everything in cache,
then stop netbeans, it will take a while to start while it repopulates
the cache by compiling all your files again.

I don't know whether this will resolve your problem, but it wouldn't be
the first time confusion was caused by something "supposedly deleted"
under netbeans still hanging around.

Regards,

Brian

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.