Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by JB...@silenus.com on 2002/02/21 19:31:33 UTC

Jasper - precompiling and loading jsp's

I'm having difficulty getting Tomcat 4.0.2 (Win2000) to load jsp's on
startup. Here are my questions:

1.  Do I have to pre-compile a jsp before starting tomcat for the
<load-on-startup> to work on a jsp file?
2.  How do I get jspc / jasper tool to work?  Where is the documentation?

My goal is to get jsp's compiled and loaded when tomcat starts.  Is this
possible?

Thanks,

Jason E. Brawner

RE: Classpath Issue

Posted by Rui Oliveira <ol...@milu.ipn.pt>.
Hello,

it helps, but what if you need to have a class directory to your
application?

Sometimes, if you don't put the added directory in the TOMCAT classpath,
even if the class directory is under WEB-INF/classes, the TOMCAT does not
recognize it as a valid class. Then if you have 2 classes under different
applications, that have the same name, if you put the path to both of them
in the TOMCAT classpath, TOMCAT will be mixed up. right?

How to prevent this? I mean, how do I make tomcat to automatically recognize
my classes in the application WEB-INF/classes directory?

Thanks
Rui

Re: Classpath Issue

Posted by "remy.menetrieux" <re...@pixelpark.com>.