Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Ryan Heaton <ry...@webcohesion.com> on 2008/11/19 18:47:16 UTC

SOAPBinding can not on method with RPC style

Hi all.

What's this?

java.lang.RuntimeException: Method [addInfoSet] processing error:
SOAPBinding can not on method with RPC style
	org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsServiceConfiguration.isWrapped(JaxWsServiceConfiguration.java:662)
	org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.isWrapped(ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.java:1670)
	org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.createOperation(ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.java:768)
	org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.createOperation(JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.java:478)
	org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.createInterface(ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.java:754)
	org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.buildServiceFromClass(ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.java:349)
	org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.buildServiceFromClass(JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.java:519)
	org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.initializeServiceModel(ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.java:410)
	org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.create(ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.java:189)
	org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.create(JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.java:164)
	org.apache.cxf.frontend.AbstractWSDLBasedEndpointFactory.createEndpoint(AbstractWSDLBasedEndpointFactory.java:100)
	org.apache.cxf.frontend.ServerFactoryBean.create(ServerFactoryBean.java:117)
	org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsServerFactoryBean.create(JaxWsServerFactoryBean.java:168)
	org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.getServer(EndpointImpl.java:336)
	org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.doPublish(EndpointImpl.java:251)
	org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.publish(EndpointImpl.java:201)
	org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl.publish(EndpointImpl.java:394)

Here's what my method looks like:

  @SOAPBinding (
    style = SOAPBinding.Style.RPC
  )
  String addInfoSet(String sourceId, InfoSet infoSet) throws ServiceException;

-Ryan

Re: SOAPBinding can not on method with RPC style

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Ick.....   Not a good message....

What's the full interface?    I THINK this might be detecting that there are
doc/lit and rpc/lit methods on the same service which may be causing issues.
Not really sure.   That error message sucks so we'll need to dig into the
code to figure out what it means.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: SOAPBinding can not on method with RPC style

Posted by Ryan Heaton <ry...@webcohesion.com>.

Can you confirm that this means that CXF doesn't support RPC-style
methods, even if they're RPC/literal?

-Ryan

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.