Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Adam Jack <aj...@mric.coop> on 2004/10/08 19:07:52 UTC

Excalibur & Gump/Maven

Looking at:

http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/excalibur/excalibur-logger/gump_work/build_excalibur_excalibur-logger.html

I see Maven thinks these are unsatisfied:

    The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied
dependencies:

    avalon-framework-4.1.5.jar
    servletapi-2.2.jar
    mailapi-1.3.1.jar
    xml-apis-2.0.2.jar

Whereas comparing what Gump produces with what Maven wants:

http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/excalibur/excalibur-logger/gump_file/build.properties.html

http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/excalibur/excalibur-logger/gump_file/project.xml.html

We see this is an artifact naming issue. As we've discussed Gump's ids are
(1) used only within Gump (2) not sufficiently unique, so we will change
them to match the Maven equivalents. I am doing that now with the metadata,
expect a few not so small commits (e.g. apis -> xml-apis for xerces).

BTW: Anybody else to tell me what avalon-framework in Maven land is ins Gump
land? I think we have three dependencies, to it's one (a concern). Which
ought I pick? "avalon-framework-api" or "avalon-framework-legacy" or
"avalon-framework-impl"? Do we have a Gump/Maven disconnect here (due to
changes in Avalon's artefacts) that needs to be updated in the Excalibur
project.xml?

regards

Adam

Re: Avalon artifactIds (was Re: Excalibur & Gump/Maven)

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Adam,

Just a stab, but it appears to be the latter. The projects using
Avalon may need to switch to the new id's.

I'm guessing that the projects in question are using an older version
of avalon-framework that has since been refactored, hence the disjoint
in dependencies?

- Brett

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Stephen.

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>.
Ok, we are now down to this:

> BTW: Anybody else to tell me what avalon-framework in Maven land is ins
Gump
> land? I think we have three dependencies, to it's one (a concern). Which
> ought I pick? "avalon-framework-api" or "avalon-framework-legacy" or
> "avalon-framework-impl"? Do we have a Gump/Maven disconnect here (due to
> changes in Avalon's artefacts) that needs to be updated in the Excalibur
> project.xml?

regards

Adam