Posted to dev@doris.apache.org by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com> on 2022/06/22 03:19:56 UTC

[Discuss] Change Doris binary name

Hi all,
Currently, the binary of Doris is named as `palo_be` and `palo-fe.jar`.
And Palo is the former name of Doris, and now is the commercial product name in Baidu[1], powered by Apach Doris.
So I think it's time to change the default binary name to `doris_be` and `doris-fe.jar`.

BTW, we need to consider the forward compatibility because some supervisor daemon service use `palo_be` as the process name
to monitor its aliveness. So my suggestion is:
1. Rename the default binary name to `doris_be`.
2. Add a soft link "ln -s palo_be doris_be"

And the soft link will be removed in next (maybe 1.2 or later) release.

[1] https://github.com/baidu/palo

--

此致!Best Regards
陈明雨 Mingyu Chen