Posted to user@tez.apache.org by Grandl Robert <rg...@yahoo.com> on 2014/08/25 01:22:07 UTC

run hive atop tez

Hi guys,

I came back to run hive atop tez, but unfortunately I am again into issues running it.

I have tez-0.5.0 and hive-0.13.1 compiled from sources.

I am also running hadoop-2.4.

However, running tez jobs works well. Running hive with mapreduce works well.

But trying to run hive atop tez, it gives me this error:
hadoop@nectar-11:~/rgrandl$ hive

Logging initialized using configuration in jar:file:/home/hadoop/rgrandl/dag_project/hive-0.13.1/lib/hive-common-0.13.1.jar!/hive-log4j.properties
SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/home/hadoop/rgrandl/dag_project/tez-0.5.0/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/home/hadoop/hadoop-2.4.0/share/hadoop/common/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory]
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.tez.mapreduce.hadoop.MRHelpers.updateEnvironmentForMRAM(Lorg/apache/hadoop/conf/Configuration;Ljava/util/Map;)V
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezSessionState.open(TezSessionState.java:182)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezSessionState.open(TezSessionState.java:123)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.java:355)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:681)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:625)

It looks like some incompatibility, missing classpath ?
I have both hive_home and tez jars into hadoop classpath.

Can someone gives me some directions of what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks,
Robert

Re: run hive atop tez

Posted by Grandl Robert <rg...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks,

It seems there is some hive-tez-0.5.patch which change tez version in have poms' and add some more code in all over the places.

However, is there not a version of tez 0.5 and hive 0.13 which works well together, and I can compile them from source ?

Can someone point me to this please ? It's a bit urgent.

Robert

On Sunday, August 24, 2014 6:57 PM, Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang <jz...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

Hi Robert,

not sure whether this could help you ( it's for HDP2, maybe you can tweak it for your environment )

https://github.com/t3rmin4t0r/tez-autobuild

Best Regards,
Jeff Zhang

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 9:29 AM, Grandl Robert <rg...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Jeff,

> [...]
>

>On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 7:22 AM, Grandl Robert <rg...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>Hi guys,
>>

>>I came back to run hive atop tez, but unfortunately I am again into issues running it.
>>

>>I have tez-0.5.0 and hive-0.13.1 compiled from sources.
>>

>>I am also running hadoop-2.4.
>>

>>However, running tez jobs works well. Running hive with mapreduce works well.
>>

>>But trying to run hive atop tez, it gives me this error:
>>hadoop@nectar-11:~/rgrandl$ hive
>>
>>Logging initialized using configuration in jar:file:/home/hadoop/rgrandl/dag_project/hive-0.13.1/lib/hive-common-0.13.1.jar!/hive-log4j.properties
>>SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
>>SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/home/hadoop/rgrandl/dag_project/tez-0.5.0/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
>>SLF4J: Found binding in
 [jar:file:/home/hadoop/hadoop-2.4.0/share/hadoop/common/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
>>SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
>>SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory]
>>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.tez.mapreduce.hadoop.MRHelpers.updateEnvironmentForMRAM(Lorg/apache/hadoop/conf/Configuration;Ljava/util/Map;)V
>>    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezSessionState.open(TezSessionState.java:182)
>>    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezSessionState.open(TezSessionState.java:123)
>>    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.java:355)
>>    at
 org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:681)
>>    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:625)
>>    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>>    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>>    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
>>    at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:212)
>>

>>It looks like some incompatibility, missing classpath ?
>>I have both hive_home and tez jars into hadoop classpath.
>>

>>Can someone gives me some directions of what I am doing wrong ?
>>

>>Thanks,
>>Robert
>>

>CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Thank You.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: run hive atop tez

Posted by "Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang" <jz...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Robert,

> [...]

>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezSessionState.open(TezSessionState.java:182)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezSessionState.open(TezSessionState.java:123)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.java:355)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:681)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:625)
>     at
>     at
>     at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:212)
>
> It looks like some incompatibility, missing classpath ?
> I have both hive_home and tez jars into hadoop classpath.
>
> Can someone gives me some directions of what I am doing wrong ?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: run hive atop tez

Posted by Grandl Robert <rg...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Jeff,

> [...]

>    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezSessionState.open(TezSessionState.java:123)
>    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.java:355)
>    at
 org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:681)
>    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:625)
>    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
>    at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:212)
>

>It looks like some incompatibility, missing classpath ?
>I have both hive_home and tez jars into hadoop classpath.
>

>Can someone gives me some directions of what I am doing wrong ?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: run hive atop tez

Posted by "Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang" <jz...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Robert,

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: run hive atop tez

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Hello Robert,

Tez has gone through quite a few API changes since the 0.4.0 release. The changes were mainly to clean up
and simplify the APIs to make it easier for users to write native Tez DAGs. This had the unfortunate side-effect of making 0.5 incompatible
with Hive 0.13.x.

For now, I believe the tez branch in the hive source tree is the only branch that is compatible with 0.5.0. You may wish to check on the hive
mailing list as to when 0.5 compatibility will be available on trunk.

thanks
— Hitesh