Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2022/11/25 14:30:06 UTC

Call for help ... testing ...

Hi all,

as you might have read over the last few weeks. I have invested a huge amount of time into cleaning up some of the “dirty corners” and streamlined the APIs as well as the handling of Encoding and Decoding the different data types.
Especially with the Temporal types and the String types, a lot has changed. I have done quite a bit of testing with the equipment that I have, but my equipment and my time is limited.

You could do me a huge favor in testing especially the Java drivers against hardware you might have. I do believe, despite me trying to be as careful as possible, I can’t rule out this hasn’t brought us any regressions.

I think as soon as I’m finished with the subscriptions in the ADS driver, I would even like to do a new release pretty soon in order to roll the updated API out for testing.

Thanks,

Chris