Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michel Benevento <mi...@clockwork.nl> on 2003/09/10 10:30:31 UTC

Re: v2.1 Mac OS X installation DOES work

People,

I think this should be in the docs somewhere:

The answer to this problem is to unpack the archive with 'gnutar'
instead of 'tar'. Using Mac OS X's default tar (which is BSD tar I
presume) produces a corrupted filename somehwere, causing the whole
process to fall over. Using gnutar makes everything go smooooth.

Perhaps this is common knowledge amongst people here, but I (and I
suspect most other Mac OS X users) never heard of this fenomenon.
Luckily gnutar is also installed on Mac OS X.

I found my answer here:
http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-users/2002-August/
021132.html

So long,
Michel

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le Mercredi, 10 sep 2003, à 10:30 Europe/Zurich, Michel Benevento a
écrit :

> I think this should be in the docs somewhere:

Added at the end of http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FAQs -
thanks!

-Bertrand