Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mansour Al Akeel <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/07 09:27:58 UTC

Jetspeed and Dojo

I am looking to use dojo 1.1.1 in a new layout decoration. Jetspeed-2
comes with dojo 0.4. AFAIK it's only for desktop themes. I need to use
the latest one in my decorator, and may be in a new desktop theme. How
can I integrate the latest dojo, or replace the other one with breaking
anything? I am considering copying the new dojo over the old one in the
jetspeed/javascript directory. I am sure this will break some desktop
layouts, but that's ok with me. Will be there any other effects?
I am not very strong in spring, so I am wondering if I need to modify
anything in assemble/headtag.xml which initalizes the dojo and
configures it.

Any comments ?

Re: Jetspeed and Dojo

Posted by Mansour Al Akeel <ma...@gmail.com>.
David Sean Taylor wrote:

> On Sep 7, 2008, at 6:57 PM, Mansour Al Akeel wrote:
>
>> Ok, I found it. For anyone who needs the new dojo, here's my notes.
>> In order to use the latest dojo just exctract the tar file into
>> "javascript" directory and make sure that the name does not conflict
>> with the older release. The older release is dojo 0.4 and it's in the
>> directory "dojo" which resides in the javascript directory.
>> So we will have something like this:
>>
>> javascript
>> dojo
>> dojo-release-1.1.1
>>
>> now in your template for the decorator, include this line:
>> <script type="text/javascript"
>> src="#BaseHref()javascript/dojo-release-1.1.1/dojo/dojo.js"></script>
>>
>> and this will include the new release of dojo in your decorator.
>> Alternatively you can always, write a macro that will expand to the
>> above line, and save time on upgrade.
>>
>> Later, if you are not going to use any of the available desktop
>> themes you can remove the old dojo, and update the dojo.path in
>> assembley/headtag.xml.
>> I am not sure if this will break any of the portlets available in
>> j2-admin.
>>
>> Can someone advice me on this ?
>>

> Do not override the existing Dojo distributed with Jetspeed. It will
> break several administrative portlets and the desktop
> Sounds like you are taking the right approach. We have decorators
> integrated with other clientside libraries such as Backbase with no
> problem
Thank you for clarification. So j2-admin portlets WILL break as they use
the dojo included in jetspeed application. In this case I will keep the
default dojo and just add mine as I described.

Re: Jetspeed and Dojo

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Re: Jetspeed and Dojo

Posted by Mansour Al Akeel <ma...@gmail.com>.