Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Folkert van Heusden <fo...@vanheusden.com> on 2006/01/04 12:49:37 UTC

httping

Hi,

I wrote a utility called 'httping'. With httping one can measure the
latency (and throughput) of an HTTP server.
Now I was wondering:
- maybe this is a usefull tool for the Apache developers?
- if so (or not): is there any functionality missing in HTTPing to be
  usefull?

Folkert van Heusden

Try MultiTail! Multiple windows with logfiles, filtered with regular
expressions, colored output, etc. etc. www.vanheusden.com/multitail/

Re: httping

Posted by Folkert van Heusden <fo...@vanheusden.com>.
> > I wrote a utility called 'httping'. With httping one can measure the
> > latency (and throughput) of an HTTP server.
> What does it offer in an addtion to the things offered in 'ab'.

Hmmm, nothing! :-)
I didn't knew it existed or else I would not have bothered creating httping.
Well, httping might be more for the end-user. It generates friendly
output like the regular ping-utility does. It can also be used as a
Nagios plugin.

Folkert van Heusden

--
Get your PGP/GPG key signed at www.biglumber.com!

Re: httping

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Folkert van Heusden wrote:

> I wrote a utility called 'httping'. With httping one can measure the
> latency (and throughput) of an HTTP server.

What does it offer in an addtion to the things offered in 'ab'.

Dw.