Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Lincoln Mitchell <li...@interfaces-n-creatives.com> on 2007/08/09 14:14:47 UTC

images in svg not serializing as jpeg

How do I create a jpeg from an SVG which has reference to a relative
external image?
In previous posts I read that you can't write...
xlink:href="image.jpg"
... because the path CAN'T be relative. Is this true?

Any workarounds?

Linc

Re: images in svg not serializing as jpeg

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.
Yes, and not really (as you will have seen from the archives;
this is pretty much a FAQ).

You need to find a way to insert the path into the image href
when creating the link.  It should not be that hard with Cocoon.

>>> "Lincoln Mitchell" <li...@interfaces-n-creatives.com> 2007/08/09 02:14 PM >>>

How do I create a jpeg from an SVG which has reference to a relative
external image?
In previous posts I read that you can't write...
xlink:href="image.jpg"
... because the path CAN'T be relative. Is this true?

Any workarounds?

Linc

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice

CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions

CallCentre@csir.co.za.

and is believed to be clean.

Re: images in svg not serializing as jpeg

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 09.08.2007 14:14, Lincoln Mitchell wrote:

> How do I create a jpeg from an SVG which has reference to a relative
> external image?
> In previous posts I read that you can't write...
> xlink:href="image.jpg"
> ... because the path CAN'T be relative. Is this true?

Yes, that's true. The SVG2JPEG serializer (based on Apache Batik) has no
idea on how to resolve relative paths since no context is available. A
fix as letting Batik work with Cocoon's source resolver has never been
implemented.

> Any workarounds?

Only solution that works out of the box is to use a absolute http://
path pointing back to the Cocoon instance and let Cocoon resolve the
path in the sitemap by providing an appropriate pipeline delivering the
image. That way you can get the path even kind of relative.

Joerg