Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "simon.kitching@chello.at" <si...@chello.at> on 2008/05/09 15:12:27 UTC

Unexpected re-download of all dependencies

Hi,

I am working on a project that has a lot of dependencies. But they are
of course all cached locally in ~/.m2/repository. This means that when
building, I don't normally get any "downloading xyz.jar" messages.

But just today, when I did a build it looks like every dependency got
downloaded again from repo1.maven.org etc. And this has happened to all
my co-workers too. And more oddly, when I look into my ~/.m2/repository
directory, the files that maven was clearly downloading have not had
their timestamps updated...

The dependencies which got re-downloaded are of course *not* SNAPSHOT
versions (which wouldn't be present on repo1.maven.org anyway).

Has anyone else experienced this today? Anyone know why this might have
happened? I'm just puzzled...

I did notice that one thing that was downloaded was a new version of
wagon; maybe that then triggered this? Or maybe something altered on
repo1.maven.org (eg in the metadata.xml files?)

I'm using maven 2.0.9.

Regards,
Simon