Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Todd Kuebler <tk...@cisco.com> on 2002/05/01 21:37:01 UTC

RE: Default portal content look-and-feel changes not taking effec t

I believe you can modify the overall language behavior in the
WEB-INF/conf/JetspeedResources.properties file if you don't want multiple
language support.   The nice side effect is that I think it speeds things
up incrementally since the language search doesn't occur.  I actually would
like to see Jetspeed boxed with this feature turned off by default and a
separate FAQ around configuring and using multiple language support.  That
would be much friendlier to the average user.

# Use language?
services.Profiler.language=false

-tk

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Todd,
Although I see you point, my preference is to leave as many feature
enabled and tell user, via documentation, how to turn them off.  In
addition Jetspeed is used, and developed, by people in many countries,
so what should the default language be? (This is a rhetorical question)

Paul Spencer

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
> Absolutely.   Were should it go?  How about a bullet point
> outlining the
> config parameter and template location in the configuration
> guide plus a
> more comprehensive one in the components section?   Of course I have
> to  figure it all out first so give me a couple of days. :)

In the xdocs under Configuration Guide.

RE: Default portal content look-and-feel changes not taking effec t

Posted by Todd Kuebler <tk...@cisco.com>.
At 04:19 PM 5/1/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Todd Kuebler wrote:
>
> > I believe you can modify the overall language behavior in the
> > WEB-INF/conf/JetspeedResources.properties file if you don't want
> > multiple language support.
>-0
>I prefer to have it off in some cases, on in others.
>What I would like to do is optimize the code so that stores misses as
>well as hits.

I agree with caching misses too.  (in fact pre-loading a cache from the
template tree would also be a nice toggle option)

I was thinking about the average joe who is downloading jetspeed for the
first time to check it out.  I just think that it is a bit confusing to
deal with at first, it certainly was with me, and everyone I know who has
looked at jetspeed the first time has the exact same problem (6 out of 6
people and counting).

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.