Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Vaibhav Puranik <vp...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/27 23:45:31 UTC

java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException

HI all,

We are trying out Kafka currently. We are running Kafka 0.7 on 3 EC2
instances (c1.xlarge) with one zookeeper.
The clients and servers both are on EC2.

Here is what we are getting :

   1. java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException
   2.         at
   sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.ensureWriteOpen(SocketChannelImpl.java:126)
   3.         at
   sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.write(SocketChannelImpl.java:324)
   4.         at
   kafka.network.BoundedByteBufferSend.writeTo(BoundedByteBufferSend.scala:48)

The full exception is here:

http://pastebin.com/TnypFpCY

The Kafka broker logs doesn't have anything unusual - It's as if the
requests are not even reaching to Kafka.

Any pointers?

Regards,
Vaibhav Puranik
GumGum

Re: java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException

Posted by Vaibhav Puranik <vp...@gmail.com>.
It was still the same problem. For some reason EC2 ubuntu instance was
binding Kafka brokers with 127.0.1.1 address.
I set the hostname and restarted all the brokers and it worked.

Thanks,
Vaibhav

Posted by Vaibhav Puranik <vp...@gmail.com>.
Jun,