Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com> on 2015/02/19 11:49:33 UTC

Support getting versioned resources by using uri path parameters

hi *,

SLING-848 [0] introduces the "versioned resources by using uri path parameters” concept.
This is nice :) I wonder though, since this affect quite few bundles if this stuff is ready to be released.

I wasn’t too much involved in it, hence my question….
How far we are to release the affected bundles ?

regards

antonio

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-848

Re: Support getting versioned resources by using uri path parameters

Posted by Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com>.
On Feb 19, 2015, at 2:53 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:

> Am 19.02.15 um 14:43 schrieb Tomek Rękawek:
>

>> I'd do them in one shot. Am I entitled - as a committer - to propose a vote
>> for a release or should it be done by the PMC member?
>>
> You are allowed and encouraged :) to do the release. Only one step of
> the whole process (copying the release artifacts to the dist directory)
> requires a PMC member and if you simply write a mail to this list once
> that step is reached, someone will happily pick up that task.
>
> Afaik, before we do the release there is some open work on the
> jcr.resource module by Antonio.

already committed , so green light from me :)

regards

antonio

Posted by Tomek Rękawek <to...@cognifide.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 2:53 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>
wrote:

> You are allowed and encouraged :) to do the release. (...)

I feel the thrill ;) I started with the API, as the resolver and JCR
resource modules will need API 2.9.0 in their dependencies.

Best regards,
Tomek

--
Tomek Rękawek
Senior Software Engineer

Cognifide Polska Sp. z o.o.
skype: trekawek

www.cognifide.com

Re: Support getting versioned resources by using uri path parameters

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tomek Rękawek <to...@cognifide.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 2:13 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>
wrote:

> > First we need to release the org.apache.sling.api 2.8.2, to support new
> (...)

This would be api 2.9.0 as it contains a new feature/api

> > Then we can release org.apache.sling.resourceresolver 1.1.16, so the
> (...)
> Similar this is 1.2.0
>
> > The last bundle to release is org.apache.sling.jcr.resource 2.4.6 (...)
> ...and...2.5.0 :)

Of course :)

> We could do the releases in one shot to safe some time, or one after the
> other

I'd do them in one shot. Am I entitled - as a committer - to propose a vote
for a release or should it be done by the PMC member?

Regards,
Tomek

--
Tomek Rękawek
Senior Software Engineer

Cognifide Polska Sp. z o.o.
skype: trekawek

www.cognifide.com

Re: Support getting versioned resources by using uri path parameters

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Am 19.02.15 um 13:51 schrieb Tomek Rękawek:

> I'm glad you like the SLING-848 :) There are integration tests for all
> changes which comes with this feature and I think we won't be more ready to
> do the release than we already are. However, I'd like to know the opinion
> of other Sling folks involved in the subject (Bertrand? Carsten?).

I'm fine with the changes :)

> The release plan would be as follows:
>
> First we need to release the org.apache.sling.api 2.8.2, to support new
> parameters in the API.

This would be api 2.9.0 as it contains a new feature/api

> Then we can release org.apache.sling.resourceresolver 1.1.16, so the
> resource resolver is aware of the parameters in URI and knows how to parse
> them.

Similar this is 1.2.0

> The last bundle to release is org.apache.sling.jcr.resource 2.4.6, so the
> JcrResourceResolver gets the parsed parameters and returns appropriate
> version of the node.

...and...2.5.0 :)

Posted by Tomek Rękawek <to...@cognifide.com>.
Hello Antonio,