Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Orlando Sánchez <te...@outlook.com> on 2015/07/23 19:37:44 UTC

Cloudstack support

Hello Everybody,

I am sorry for the off topic but I am not sure where could I get information about the following. We have a cloudstack infrastructure in our company running 4.1, unfortunately our senior engineer left and we need external support to help us with level 3 support. Is there any company who could provide us this service?

Again I am sorry for the off topic, I hope anybody could help us.

Regards,

Orlando Sánchez
IT Director
tecnologia.8bit@outlook.com

Re: Cloudstack support

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 7:37 PM, Orlando Sánchez <
tecnologia.8bit@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hello Everybody,
>
> I am sorry for the off topic but I am not sure where could I get
> information about the following. We have a cloudstack infrastructure in our
> company running 4.1, unfortunately our senior engineer left and we need
> external support to help us with level 3 support. Is there any company who
> could provide us this service?
>
> Again I am sorry for the off topic, I hope anybody could help us.

We have support agreements with at least two rather big CloudStack players,
and I just want to say that small companies does not have to be a bad thing.

Things to consider:

 - Location of support: Most companies can provide 24/7 support
availability, but you should prefer someone that has native work hours at
approximately the same time as you. Using someone that has working hours
when you normally sleep means you have to rely on their night shift when
you're usually working.

 - Size: Large companies often have multiple tiers of support personnel,
which means you might end up waiting for escalations to get your case to
someone that knows more. This easily becomes frustrating. You'll also want
to make sure that the company is not heavily dependent on a few critical
persons -  that can easily become a problem in case of sickness, traveling,
change of jobs etc.

 - Community involvement: ACS is built by a lot of persons/companies, and
your support partner might not be able to solve it all by themselves. You
want to use someone who is actively involved with the community to ensure
they can pull the right strings if they need assistance. Ask for names by
the sales rep. and check the git log/mailling list/forums etc. to verify
their involvement.

--
Erik

RE: Cloudstack support

Posted by Glenn Wagner <gl...@shapeblue.com>.
Good day,

You can come have a chat with us ShapeBlue (www.shapeblue.com)

Glenn Wagner
Senior Consultant

I am sorry for the off topic but I am not sure where could I get information about the following. We have a cloudstack infrastructure in our company running 4.1, unfortunately our senior engineer left and we need external support to help us with level 3 support. Is there any company who could provide us this service?

Again I am sorry for the off topic, I hope anybody could help us.

Regards,

Orlando Sánchez
IT Director
tecnologia.8bit@outlook.com

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

RE: Cloudstack support

Posted by Orlando Sánchez <te...@outlook.com>.
Thank you for your advice, definitely I'll do. I've received a lot of mails privately and a couple of suggestions through the mailing list.  I'll review best options and contact them.

Thank you everyone, this is a great community :)

Re: Cloudstack support

Posted by ilya <il...@gmail.com>.
Orlando

RE: Cloudstack support

Posted by Michael Phillips <mp...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Cloudstack support

Posted by Praveen B <pb...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ahmad and Somesh for supporting us.

PSI Cloud Solutions offer L3 level support in CloudStack. Please reach out
to me if anyone is looking for commercial support.

Regards,
Praveen Kumar,
Founder, PSI Cloud Solutions,
psiclouds.com, India,
Mobile:91-9885456905

RE: Cloudstack support

Posted by Somesh Naidu <So...@citrix.com>.

Re: Cloudstack support

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.

RE: Cloudstack support

Posted by Somesh Naidu <So...@citrix.com>.
Yes, Citrix, Shapeblue to name a few.

Regards,
Somesh

RE: Cloudstack support

Posted by Vadim Kimlaychuk <Va...@Elion.ee>.
Thank you for information, Somesh.  Citrix is really big company :)

Vadim.

Posted by Somesh Naidu <So...@citrix.com>.

RE: Cloudstack support

Posted by Vadim Kimlaychuk <Va...@Elion.ee>.