Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@googlemail.com> on 2016/05/09 12:37:01 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-60 - Make Java client class loading more flexible

I have just created KIP-60 (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-60+-+Make+Java+client+classloading+more+flexible)
to enable the Kafka Java clients to be configured and run in any
classloading environment including OSGi. It is a simple but flexible
approach that enables custom classes to be loaded by applications rather
than Kafka and fixes the issues with classloading of default classes.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thank you...

Regards,

Rajini

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-60 - Make Java client class loading more flexible

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@googlemail.com>.
Since this is a small change, I will start vote on this tomorrow if there
are no objections. The code has been tested with OSGi, so it does work and
the approach is flexible enough to work in other environments too.

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Rajini Sivaram <rajinisivaram@googlemail.com
> wrote:

> I have just created KIP-60 (
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-60+-+Make+Java+client+classloading+more+flexible)
> to enable the Kafka Java clients to be configured and run in any
> classloading environment including OSGi. It is a simple but flexible
> approach that enables custom classes to be loaded by applications rather
> than Kafka and fixes the issues with classloading of default classes.
>
> Comments and suggestions are welcome.
>
> Thank you...
>
> Regards,
>
> Rajini