Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by khandelwalanuj <kh...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/08 15:04:59 UTC

LevelDB indexWriteBufferSize and logWriteBufferSize

Hi,

As mentioned on ActiveMQ wiki:
*logWriteBufferSize : 4194304 (4 MB) : That maximum amount of log data to
build up before writing to the file system.
IndexWriteBufferSize : 6291456 (6 MB) : Amount of index data to build up in
memory before converting to a sorted on-disk file.*

According to my understanding data will be first stored in memory and than
dumped to disk if it crosses 4MB default. But when I tried sending 100KB of
data and than stopped, I can see that the data is stored in the disk.
ideally it should be in the memory. Correct me if my understanding in wrong
?

Another aspect: Does memory to disk data transfer happens as soon as
messages comes or it's a periodic process ? How does it happens ?

Thanks,
Anuj