Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Juan Carlos <jc...@redoop.org> on 2014/02/25 17:19:22 UTC

CapacityScheduler and FairScheduler

I'm reading about them and it looks CapacityScheduler as a particular
configuration of Fair Scheduler (setting FIFO as scheduler in each defined
queue). Can I understand Capacity scheduler in that way or I'm missing
something?

Regards.

Re: CapacityScheduler and FairScheduler

Posted by Juan Carlos <ju...@gmail.com>.
ye I know they have different implementations, what I wanted to point was
about features. Are there any feature in CapacityScheduler missing in
FairScheduler? AFAIK it's possible to configure a FairScheduler to do
exactly the same as capacity and more, in this case I would see
CapacityScheduler as a deprecated scheduler in favor of Fair, but I think I
should be missing something.

Re: CapacityScheduler and FairScheduler

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

While they do have similarities, they are whole different
implementations:
https://github.com/apache/hadoop-common/blob/trunk/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-server/hadoop-yarn-server-resourcemanager/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/yarn/server/resourcemanager/scheduler/capacity/CapacityScheduler.java
and https://github.com/apache/hadoop-common/blob/trunk/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-server/hadoop-yarn-server-resourcemanager/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/yarn/server/resourcemanager/scheduler/fair/FairScheduler.java

--
Harsh J

Re: CapacityScheduler and FairScheduler

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.