Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Vinay Patil <vi...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/16 04:39:16 UTC

Concurrent modification Exception when submitting multiple jobs

Hi,

I am submitting job to the cluster (using remote execution env) from
multiple threads. I am getting the following exception

	at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(ArrayList.java:909)
	at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.next(ArrayList.java:859)
	at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.graph.StreamGraphGenerator.generateInternal(StreamGraphGenerator.java:128)
	at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.graph.StreamGraphGenerator.generate(StreamGraphGenerator.java:121)
	at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.environment.StreamExecutionEnvironment.getStreamGraph(StreamExecutionEnvironment.java:1526)
	at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.environment.RemoteStreamEnvironment.execute(RemoteStreamEnvironment.java:173)
	at
com.test.executors.FlinkExecutor.submitJobToCluster(FlinkExecutor.java:67)

I am using Flink 1.3.2, and I am making sure that the job name is different
for each job.
Can you please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Regards,
Vinay Patil

Re: Concurrent modification Exception when submitting multiple jobs

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Vinay,

could you try to create a dedicated RemoteEnvironment for each parallel
thread. I think that the StreamExecutionEnvironment is not thread safe and
should, thus, not be shared across multiple threads if that's the case.

Getting a glimpse at your code would also help to further understand the
problem.

Cheers,
Till