Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Nassim Majdalany <na...@eigroup.com> on 2000/08/01 10:43:35 UTC

File upload

I've trawled through the mail archive and found nothing on uploading files
through Cocoon. Is there any special way of doing this or is it just a case
of handling it with Java (and XSP) as with servlets?

Thanks

Nassim

Re: cocoon - java version on Solaris

Posted by Yngve Svendsen <yn...@clustra.com>.
At 11:37 01.08.00 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'd like to know whether, on Solaris 2.6, cocoon can run a higher jdk version
>than 1.1.8.  Somebody here is trying to convince me that on this Solaris
>Cocoon
>is the limiting factor and he can only install jdk 1.1.8.
>
>It just sounds very improbable to me. I prefer java 2 to develop the rest
>of the
>java involved (servlets, xsp, EJB's, what have you).
>
>The plan is to Cocoon with use apache + JServ with it.
>
>Can some body confirm that Cocoon has no problem with jdk 1.2 (or 1.3?) on
>Solaris 2.6?  (It is not mentioned yet on the website, only Solaris 2.5.1
>with
>NetscapeServer).

I am pretty sure that Cocoon on 2.6 won't have any problems with jdk 1.2x.
Just be sure to apply the patches that are required. These patches are
available from the download page which comes up after you have logged into
the Sun download center to download the JDK itself.

You might want to have a look at http://techsite.yngve.com/web/cocoon.html
before you install everything.

Regards,

Yngve Svendsen
IS Engineer
Clustra AS, Trondheim, Norway
yngve.svendsen@clustra.com
Cell.: +47 913 915 02

Re: cocoon - java version on Solaris

Posted by Andy Lewis <an...@veritas.com>.
I've run it under heavy load on JDK 1.2 on Solaris 2.6, 1.1.8, 1.2, 1.22, and 1.3
under Linux and M$ Windoze.

Re: File upload

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Nassim Majdalany wrote:

> I've trawled through the mail archive and found nothing on uploading files
> through Cocoon. Is there any special way of doing this or is it just a case
> of handling it with Java (and XSP) as with servlets?

no. what would you have cocoon do with the file anyway?

- donald