Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Don Doffe <fo...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/14 06:57:55 UTC

Some indication on when 2.8.0 could be released.

Claus,

would you be able to give me some guesstimate on when do you think Camel
2.8.0 could be ready?

I need to make a decision which version to pick and I would prefer 2.8.0,
subject to the release before we hit PROD.

Thanks.

Re: Some indication on when 2.8.0 could be released.

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Normally I add the stage repo url in my .m2/settings.xml like

<profiles>
     <profile>
       <id>test</id>
       <activation>
         <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
       </activation>
           <repositories>
         <repository>
           <id>stage-repo</id>
           <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-023/
</url>
           <snapshots>
             <enabled>false</enabled>
           </snapshots>
           <releases>
             <enabled>true</enabled>
           </releases>
         </repository>
       </repositories>
       <pluginRepositories>
         <pluginRepository>
           <id>stage-repo</id>
           <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-023/
</url>
           <snapshots>
             <enabled>false</enabled>
           </snapshots>
           <releases>
             <enabled>true</enabled>
           </releases>
         </pluginRepository>
       </pluginRepositories>

     </profile>
    </profiles>

Freeman
On 2011-7-15, at 下午5:15, bvahdat wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to give a try for upgrading from 2.7.2 to 2.8.0 and
> (temporarily) added the following repository into my parent pom of a
> multi-module maven project until it gets populated to the official
> maven
> repo next week (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ &
> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/)
>
> 		<repository>
> 			<id>apache camel 2.8.0 staging repo</id>
> 			<name>try apache camel new release</name>
>
> <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-023
> </url>
> 			<releases>
> 				<enabled>true</enabled>
> 			</releases>
> 			<snapshots>
> 				<enabled>false</enabled>
> 			</snapshots>
> 		</repository>
>
> But somehow maven is not able to download the artifacts from the
> staging
> repo above! Has anybody experienced the same problem?
>
> Regards, Babak

Freeman Fang

FuseSource
Email:ffang@fusesource.com
Web: fusesource.com
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com

Re: Some indication on when 2.8.0 could be released.

Posted by bvahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Hi,

finally could resolve my issue regarding the TypeConverter stuff required
for the 2.8.0 upgrade, see my comments here:

http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/VOTE-Release-Apache-Camel-2-8-0-tp4584312p4593321.html

Regards, Babak

Re: Some indication on when 2.8.0 could be released.

Posted by bvahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Hi Don,

I've got already that piece of the puzzle since the begin of my project
(camel 2.6.0). That's not the problem as I ran the test-cases not under the
JBoss but as you would expect standalone on my IDE. There's apparently some
issues on the TypeConverter stuff in 2.8.0, see here:

http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/VOTE-Release-Apache-Camel-2-8-0-td4584312.html

Thanks anyway, Babak
PS: im my last post I did a typo, instead of:
MAVEN_OPTS=-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=C:/temp/trust.jks
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=test12
It should be:
MAVEN_OPTS=-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=C:/temp/apache.jks

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@fusesource.com>.
On 15 July 2011 11:21, Don Doffe <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Babak,
>
> I had a  problem with camel deployment to JBoss. There was a need for a
> special library to enable scanning of the custom packages as camel
> components, and a configuation line in appContext.xml (assuming you are
> using spring):
>
>    <bean id="jbossResolver"
> class="org.apache.camel.jboss.JBossPackageScanClassResolver"/>
>

> Have you fixed that?
>
> If not I could send you the library.

As an aside I raised this issue today...

going forward it'd be good if we could avoid package scanning by
default (by having our build generate fully qualified names of type
converter classes to be loaded to avoid the package scan).

If this were implemented Camel might work out of the box in JBoss
without any custom configuration or resolver?

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration and Messaging

Re: Some indication on when 2.8.0 could be released.

Posted by bvahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Hi Claus,

Thanks for your quick reply.

In the meanwhile I found what the problem ist and I went across another way
which maybe others in the forum could be interested in:

The problem was the 'S' in https of the staging repository, in contrast to
official maven repos which are pure 'http', so that there's a SSL-Handshake
required for maven before downloading the artifacts. So here the steps I
went through which solved my problem:

- on my browser went to the address
'https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-023/' and
downloaded the apache camel public-key in CRT format on some temp directory
- used the keytool command to convert it to a JKS-keystore, like
keytool -alias apache -import -file c:/temp/repository.apache.org.crt
-keystore apache.jks
setting the password "test12"
- and as the last step set MAVEN_OPTS to
MAVEN_OPTS=-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=C:/temp/trust.jks
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=test12

And maven did successfully download all the 2.8.0 release artifacts.

The problem that I' facing now is that most of my test-cases fail because
Camel is not able to find my *TypeConverter*. I saw also the discussion here
as well, however I don't run in OSGi but JBoss 5.1.0!

http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/VOTE-Release-Apache-Camel-2-8-0-td4584312.html

Please let me know if you wanna have more information about my setup.

Regards, Babak

Re: Some indication on when 2.8.0 could be released.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
What I usually do is to use a profile in my .m2/settings.xml file.

And then run using -Pstaging on the mvn command line

<!--
    <profile>
	   <id>staging</id>
	   <repositories>
  	   <repository>
          <id>repo.apache.staging</id>
[...]
-->
  </profiles>

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 11:15 AM, bvahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to give a try for upgrading from 2.7.2 to 2.8.0 and
> (temporarily) added the following repository into my parent pom of a
> multi-module maven project until it gets populated to the official maven
> repo next week (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ &
> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/)
>
>                <repository>
>                        <id>apache camel 2.8.0 staging repo</id>
>                        <name>try apache camel new release</name>
>
> <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-023</url>
>                        <releases>
>                                <enabled>true</enabled>
>                        </releases>
>                        <snapshots>
>                                <enabled>false</enabled>
>                        </snapshots>
>                </repository>
>
> But somehow maven is not able to download the artifacts from the staging
> repo above! Has anybody experienced the same problem?
>
> Regards, Babak

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: Some indication on when 2.8.0 could be released.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Don Doffe <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh. My apologies - missed the repo.
>
> I will switch to 2.8.0 tomorrow, test run it and vote.
>
> Though I'm not sure I should be voting. The scope of the project is tiny.

We encourage people to test and vote, regardless how small or big
projects are using Camel.
All input is good.

If someone vote -1 it doesnt mean the release cannot be released. It
depends on the serious of the issue, and whether the -1 was a valid
reason.

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Don Doffe <fo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 8:24 AM, Don Doffe <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great news. Is the Release Candidate available through the -SNAPSHOT repo or
> I need to check out and build myself?

Read the link i provided. There is a link to where you can download
the ZIP file. Or the staging maven location you can use.

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Don Doffe <fo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by bvahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Hi,

On this glorious day, Monday  it's nice to see that 2.8.0 finally did it
officially (24-Jul-2011 03:07):

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/camel/camel/

Thanks for providing this sunshine...

Regards, Babak

Re: Some indication on when 2.8.0 could be released.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 6:57 AM, Don Doffe <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Claus,
>
> would you be able to give me some guesstimate on when do you think Camel
> 2.8.0 could be ready?

2.8.0 has just been cut and is in vote. I suggest you may want to take
it for a test spin.
So if all goes well 2.8.0 will be GA sometime next week. If a critical
bug is found, then a new release is to be cut etc.

You can read more here and where to download it
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/VOTE-Release-Apache-Camel-2-8-0-td4584312.html

> I need to make a decision which version to pick and I would prefer 2.8.0,
> subject to the release before we hit PROD.
>
> Thanks.

Claus Ibsen