Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1995/12/12 06:38:55 UTC

Re: opinions on DoSetEUID

> 	Have people installed DoSetEUID? Has it worked? My mod_ecash
> would be much easier with DoSetEUID, but I'm curious to know if
> it actually works well.
>
> --

I have done some limited testing of it, and it seems to work.
There are some real concerns that RST raises about security, and
I got spooked on my main server when I started getting mail
from root generated by the server... I'm still looking at how
to make this as useful as it could be. Comments welcome on the
security issue.