Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Todd Willey <xt...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/15 21:39:09 UTC

testdso failed on DragonFly BSD

After a make of apr-1.0.0 I went into the test directory and made
testall and ran it.  testdso dumped core.  Here is a backtrace:

(gdb) where
#0  0x0 in ?? ()
#1  0x804fee0 in test_dso_sym (tc=0xbfbffa58, data=0x0) at testdso.c:81
#2  0x8058f04 in abts_run_test (ts=0x80d9050, f=0x804fdf0 <test_dso_sym>,
    value=0x0) at abts.c:170
#3  0x8050604 in testdso (suite=0x80d9050) at testdso.c:235
#4  0x8059528 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbfbffb30) at abts.c:407

I have not built from cvs or tried anything to fix it.  If you need
more information, let me know.

-todd[1]

Re: testdso failed on DragonFly BSD

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 08:45:02PM +0000, Todd Willey wrote:
> client# ./configure > /tmp/config.out
> client# cat /tmp/config.out | grep -i share
> checking whether the linker (/usr/libexec/binutils212/elf/ld) supports
> shared libraries... yes
> checking if libtool supports shared libraries... no
> checking whether to build shared libraries... no

Ah, libtool doesn't know about dragonfly. Your best bet is to install
libtool from whatever ports/packaging system DragonFly has and run
./buildconf.  At some point in the future apr will catch up with a
libtool which has caught up with DragonFly.

joe

Re: testdso failed on DragonFly BSD

Posted by Todd Willey <xt...@gmail.com>.
client# ./configure > /tmp/config.out
client# cat /tmp/config.out | grep -i share
checking whether the linker (/usr/libexec/binutils212/elf/ld) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... no
checking whether to build shared libraries... no

I've tried building with gcc 2 and gcc 3.4.

-todd[1]

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.