Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Da...@WellsFargo.COM on 2002/03/11 23:23:56 UTC

Newbie Question: Struts Installation

Hello,

Is there a mistake in the Struts installation instructions?

I'm trying to use Struts in Weblogic 6.1, and am getting an error that says
Weblogic can't find the tag class.

When I looked in the Struts docs, it seemed to contradict the Weblogic docs:

The Struts docs say to copy the Struts jar files into the ../WEB-INF/lib
directory, then copy all the *.tld files into the ../WEB-INF directory.
Then place entries like these in your ../WEB-INF/web.xml file:

<taglib>
  <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld</taglib-uri>
  <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld</taglib-location>
</taglib>

This page of the Weblogic docs, however, say to point <tablib-location> not
the the *.tld file, but to the *.jar file, at least when deploying a JSP Tag
Library as a JAR file:

http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs61///taglib/admin.html#361243

Basically, it says to put this in the ../WEB-INF/web.xml file:

<taglib>
    <taglib-uri>myjar.tld</taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>
          /WEB-INF/lib/myTagLibrary.jar
    </taglib-location>
</taglib>

Which is it?  If I want to keep my custom tags in JAR files, do I reference
the location to the TLD file or the JAR file?

Thanks!