Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@apache.org> on 2014/02/04 16:49:29 UTC

Re: general Digest of: get.43956

On Mon, 3 Feb 2014 10:55, Edward J. Yoon <ed...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi, Hoya looks nice.
>
> > 5. Help migrate more distributed applications into YARN clusters - such
> as Apache HAMA.
>
> BTW, this means that HAMA can be deployed on YARN cluster using HOYA
> without implement separate YARN application?

Yes.  You would still have to write a Hoya provider for Hama, but this
should be significantly easier than writing a Yarn app from scratch.  Steve
has written some documentation on the types of apps that can be deployed
with Hoya [1].  If you'd like to see example provider code, take a look at
the accumulo and hbase providers [2].

Billie

[1]:
https://github.com/hortonworks/hoya/blob/master/src/site/markdown/app_needs.md