Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Venkatesh Prabu Narayanan <ve...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/02 07:56:04 UTC

[users@httpd] Resolving apr dependencies while generating httpd rpm build compiled from source

Hi,

I am trying to compile httpd 2.2.24 rpm build from source tar ball and it
is failing with apr, apr-util dependencies.

[root@localhost httpd]# rpmbuild -ba httpd-2.2.24.spec
error: Failed build dependencies:
        /usr/bin/apr-1-config is needed by httpd-2.2.24-1.i386
        /usr/bin/apu-1-config is needed by httpd-2.2.24-1.i386

I don't want to install apr, apr-util using externally compiled one.
Instead I want to use the inbuilt source files (srclib\apr,
srclib\apr-util) in the httpd tar ball.

What are my options for using inbuilt apr source files and fixing the above
dependencies ? Do I have to do any changes in httpd.spec file for this ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Venkatesh