Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org> on 2006/07/20 04:41:16 UTC

Clear logo and trademark guidelines

Do we have a document as clear on logo and trademark usage as this
example from Eclipse?

  http://www.eclipse.org/legal/logo_guidelines.php

If not, I wouldn't mind helping to put one together, but I'm not even
certain of the details myself (which is why I'm asking). :-)

--
  jaaron

Re: Clear logo and trademark guidelines

Posted by Ian Holsman <ia...@holsman.net>.
sounds like a great idea.
cc'ing the PRC group.

I guess the easiest way to start is grabbing theirs and modifying it
to our needs
( assuming we can do that )
a s/Eclipse/Apache/g would be better than what is in place now I
would think.

regards
Ian.

--
Ian Holsman
Ian@Holsman.net

RE: Clear logo and trademark guidelines

Posted by Janet Campbell <ja...@eclipse.org>.
Hi Larry,

You have our permission to do so.

Regards,
Janet

Janet Campbell
Manager, Intellectual Property
Eclipse Foundation Inc.
Phone:  (613) 224-9461, x.229 (GMT -5)
Fax:  (613) 224-5172
email:  janet.campbell@eclipse.org
www.eclipse.org

The Eclipse document is very clear and well-written. Why don't we ask them
if we can just copy it and create an Apache derivative work with our
trademarks instead of theirs?

/Larry Rosen

Posted by Lawrence Rosen <lr...@rosenlaw.com>.