Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kaushal Shriyan <ka...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/19 17:55:42 UTC

no request on access log

Hi,

I am using tomcat5 on gentoo OS and Sun JDK 1.5.0.12, i dont see any request
coming to access log.

<Host name="testa.example.com"    appBase="webapps/foldera"
        unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true" >
                 directory="logs"  prefix="testa.example_access_log."
suffix=".txt"
                 pattern="combined" resolveHosts="false"/>
        <Context path="usage" docBase="usage" debug="0" priviledged="true"/>
        </Host>

      <Host name="testb.example.com"    appBase="webapps/folderb"
        unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true" >
                 directory="logs"  prefix="testb.example_access_log."
suffix=".txt"
                 pattern="combined" resolveHosts="false"/>
        <Context path="usage" docBase="usage" debug="0" priviledged="true"/>
        </Host>

is that access configuration in server.xml correct ?

Please suggest

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal

Re: no request on access log

Posted by Kaushal Shriyan <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:53 PM, Kaushal Shriyan
<ka...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:32 PM, Peter Crowther <
> Peter.Crowther@melandra.com> wrote:
>
>> > From: Kaushal Shriyan [mailto:kaushalshriyan@gmail.com]
>> > <Host name="testa.example.com"
>> [...]
>> > <Host name="testb.example.com"
>> [...]
>>
>> So are you testing these by browsing to http://testa.example.com, and
>> have you mapped that in your DNS or hosts file to be your Tomcat server?  If
>> not, these won't work.

ok

>> Do you need two Host elements?  Are you actually serving two different
>> sites from one Tomcat?

I have multiple WAR under webapps in a single instance of tomcat. I need two
different access logs for this purpose.

does it make sense ?

>> What Tomcat revision are you running?  There were two different major
>> versions of "Tomcat 5".  Version numbers are 5.x.y - what are the values of
>> x and y?  If you tell us that, we can give you more help.
>>
>>                - Peter

>> Hi Peter
>
> I am using Tomcat 5.5.27. Actually i have number of WAR under webapps. I am
> running it on the same host where tomcat server is running.
>
> I want access log for two of my WAR under webapps folder meaning separate
> access log for two of my WAR. In my earlier email, I believe it would be
> wrong as you have said.
>

> Please suggest.
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
> Kaushal