Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Worobcuk <ma...@michaelworobcuk.de> on 2007/08/07 09:38:33 UTC

(Unknown)

Hi,
I am running SpamAssassin-3.2.1_1 on FreeBSD.
My MTA is Exim.

My problem is that spamd seems to be invoked 3 times by exim.

Here is an excerpt of my mysql-query-log:

      9102 Connect     spamfilter@localhost on spamassassin
                    9102 Query       set autocommit=1
                    9102 Query       SELECT value FROM
bayes_global_vars WHERE variable = 'VERSION'
                    9102 Query       SELECT id FROM bayes_vars WHERE
username = 'hans@test.net'
                    9102 Query       SELECT max(runtime) from
bayes_expire WHERE id = '2'
                    9102 Query       SELECT spam_count, ham_count,
token_count, last_expire,
                     last_atime_delta, last_expire_reduce,
oldest_token_age,
                     newest_token_age
                FROM bayes_vars
               WHERE id = '2'
                    9102 Quit
                    9103 Connect     spamfilter@localhost on
spamassassin
                    9103 Query       set autocommit=1
                    9103 Query       SELECT value FROM
bayes_global_vars WHERE variable = 'VERSION'
                    9103 Query       SELECT id FROM bayes_vars WHERE
username = 'nobody'
                    9103 Query       SELECT max(runtime) from
bayes_expire WHERE id = '1'
                    9103 Query       SELECT spam_count, ham_count,
token_count, last_expire,
                     last_atime_delta, last_expire_reduce,
oldest_token_age,
                     newest_token_age
                FROM bayes_vars
               WHERE id = '1'
                    9103 Quit
                    9104 Connect     spamfilter@localhost on
spamassassin
                    9104 Query       set autocommit=1
                    9104 Query       SELECT id FROM bayes_vars WHERE
username = 'nobody'
                    9104 Query       SELECT max(runtime) from
bayes_expire WHERE id = '1'
                    9104 Query       SELECT spam_count, ham_count,
token_count, last_expire,
                     last_atime_delta, last_expire_reduce,
oldest_token_age,

As you can see, on the second and third connection spamd is called
with user nobody. It seemd to me that the first query should be
enough for spamassassin, because the second and third are almost the
same ( except that "SELECT value FROM bayes_global_vars WHERE
variable = 'VERSION'" is missing on the third query).

I have no idea, why spamassassin behaves that way !

Can anybody help me ?