Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Vikas Wadhwa <vw...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/23 18:09:45 UTC

Seasons of Technical Communications Project

Hi, Aizhamal:
Good Morning!
Through Google's initiative of Seasons of Docs 2020, I would like to take
this opportunity to introduce myself and my intent to take up this
'Technical Communications' project with your organization.  At a high
level, I went through the initial details about your project ideas and the
requirements in specific and I would like to give it a shot.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BEAM/Google+Season+of+Docs

From an outlook, I'm interested in taking up Docker container specific
content.
Please let me know if we can discuss and explore further arenas.  :)

Regards,
Vikas
https://www.linkedin.com/in/vikaswadhwa/
--
Attitude is a way of Living!

--
Attitude is a way of Living!

Re: Seasons of Technical Communications Project

Posted by Kyle Weaver <kc...@google.com>.
Hi Vikas,

Thank you for the introduction and your interest to work on Apache Beam
documentation with Season of Docs. To participate in the program you need
to follow the guides here [1] [2]. If you are new to the program, we
suggest:

   1.

   Start by studying our proposed project ideas and expected deliverables
   for each of them [3].
   2.

   Explore more in depth the existing related Beam documentation for each
   project idea. We provided links to the background material, known issues
   and current documentation for both project ideas [4] [5]. Choose one
   project you like the most.
   3.

   Start drafting a proposal with the gaps you have found and ideas for
   improvement, and how you would present the new/updated/full documentation.
   Here are more tips on how to make your proposal stronger [6]. Please,
   follow the guides and make sure you cover all points.
   4.

   Submit the project proposal to the Google program administrators during
   the technical writer application phase. It opens on June 9, 2020. If you
   want any feedback for your initial draft, consider using Google Docs and
   share on dev@beam.apache.org, so the community members can leave their
   comments and suggestions (please check the access to the doc before sending
   to the mailing list).

If you have any ideas that you want to brainstorm about, don’t hesitate to
start a discussion in the community list or reach out on Slack channel to
discuss issues related to GSoD documentation [7]. Once you create an
account join #beam-gsod channel.

Project administrators will assess proposals based on these guidelines [8].

Hope it helps. Let us know if you have more questions.

Thanks,

Beam GSoD team

[1] https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/tech-writer-guide

[2] https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/terms/tech-writer-terms