Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2021/05/13 18:14:36 UTC

Large commit incoming

Just a word of warning that I will be pushing a large commit to master. This one makes log4j-core a JPMS compliant module.

Ralph

Re: Large commit incoming

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
I should have added that I suspect this may require at least Maven 3.6.1. That is the version I have been using and haven’t tried it with older versions but Maven has been fixing quite a few JPMS issues so older versions might not work.

Ralph

Re: Large commit incoming

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
No problem. The rest of the modules should be much easier to convert to JPMS as they aren’t creating test jars or doing anything out of the norm.

That said, we should be looking at log4j-api and log4j-core and determine if there are classes being exported that shouldn’t be. I didn’t do that analysis.

Ralph

Re: Large commit incoming

Posted by Carter Kozak <ck...@ckozak.net>.