Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Mark Roder <mr...@wamnet.com> on 2001/10/02 04:47:35 UTC

Issue: remove calls to BasicConfigurator in Options.java and Axis Engine.java

Options.java and AxisEngine have the following code segment:

    static {
        BasicConfigurator.configure();
        Category.getRoot().setPriority(Priority.FATAL);
    }

This segment should be removed.  It strongarms the log4j setup and
applications can not change the behavior.

I am trying to use axis in a client application talking to an existing soap
service.  I am using the log4j.properties file in the classpath to setup
log4j in the default/lazy method.  I was not getting any of my logging
output because axis did the above calls.

More information on log4j's default initialization procedure how to setup
log4j can be found at
http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual.html#defaultInit

Later

Mark