Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Joe Polanik <jP...@cds.duke.edu> on 2003/04/16 20:35:41 UTC

Core vs Embed

After downloading and unpacking the xindice 1.1 tarball, I renamed the .war file
to Xindice.war, moved it to tomcat's webapps dir and restarted tomcat (4.0.3).

Tomcat is running locally on my RH 7.3 system, but $XINDICE_HOME points to
$HOME/<path to xindice> where I unpacked the tarball. That's what worked with
Xindice 1.0 but I'm wondering if that's still true.

Testing the command line tool produced these results

1. xindice ac -c /db -n test

ERROR : Collection not found!

2. xindice ac -l -c /db -n test

[INFO] embed - -No configuration file specified, going with the default
configuration
[INFO] embed - -Database name: 'db'
[INFO] core - -Database points to /home/jpolanik/java/xindice/xindice-1.1b1/./db
[INFO] core - -Created a new collection named 'test'
Created : /db/test

Any ideas as to how I might find the /db collection in the webapps directory?

Thanks,

Joseph Polanik

Re: Core vs Embed

Posted by "Mark J. Stang" <ma...@earthlink.net>.