Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by jagannath <ja...@adventnet.com> on 2004/04/15 16:19:48 UTC

WSDL generation problem

Hi,

I am unable to generate the wsdl for my web service using the
AxisServlet. The below exception gets thrown. Am I missing something
during the configuration of the web service?

I am using Axis 1.1

Please help.

[INFO] enterprise - -Mapping Exception to AxisFault <WSDLException:
faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Can't find prefix for 'http://management.javax'.
Namespace prefixes must be set on the Definition object using the
addNamespace(...) method.: >WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Can't
find prefix for 'http://management.javax'. Namespace prefixes must be
set on the Definition object using the addNamespace(...) method.:
        at com.ibm.wsdl.util.xml.DOMUtils.getPrefix(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.util.xml.DOMUtils.getQualifiedValue(Unknown Source)
        at
com.ibm.wsdl.util.xml.DOMUtils.printQualifiedAttribute(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.printParts(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.printMessages(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.printDefinition(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.writeWSDL(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.getDocument(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:267)
        at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.generateWSDL(JavaProvider.java:494)
        at
org.apache.axis.strategies.WSDLGenStrategy.visit(WSDLGenStrategy.java:72)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:150)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.generateWSDL(SimpleChain.java:137)
        at
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.generateWSDL(SOAPService.java:375)
        at
org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.generateWSDL(AxisServer.java:499)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.processWsdlRequest(AxisServlet.java:484)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doGet(AxisServlet.java:285)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:339)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)
        at
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:806)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:752)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:213)
        at
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Jagannath.C
AdventNet ManageEngine JMX Studio
Off : 2243115 Extn:5252
Res: 22790045
Nortel: +91-925-895-6380
www.adventnet.com

RE: WSDL generation problem

Posted by Rob Jellinghaus <ro...@nimblefish.com>.
Bummer.  I don't have cycles to dig deeper right now unfortunately --
can only report my experience trying it first crack out of the box.  Any
idea what might cause this error for me but not for you?

Cheers,
Rob

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
i don't have a ejb container so i tried to strip down the class and did not see any problem. see
the java and build.xml enclosed.

-- dims

--- Rob Jellinghaus <ro...@nimblefish.com> wrote:
> Did so.  Same error.  Here's the ant target:
>
>     <target name="java2wsdl" depends="compile" description="Generate
> WSDL files from our beans.">
>         <java2wsdl
> classname="com.nimblefish.sdk.ejb.sessioninterfaces.ClientCampaignServic
> e"
>
> location="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/ClientCampaignService"
>             output="${gencode.wsdl.dir}/clientcampaignservice.wsdl "
>             namespace="com.nimblefish.sdk.soap"
>             style="rpc"
>             useinheritedmethods="false"
>             stopclasses="javax.ejb.EJBObject">
>             <mapping namespace="com.nimblefish.sdk.soap"
>                 package="com.nimblefish.sdk.soap"/>
>             <classpath>
>                 <pathelement path="${classes.dir}"/>
>                 <path refid="base.classpath"/>
>             </classpath>
>         </java2wsdl>
>     </target>
>
> And here's the error:
>
> [java2wsdl] Java2WSDL
> com.nimblefish.sdk.ejb.sessioninterfaces.ClientCampaignService
> [java2wsdl] WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Can't find prefix for
> 'http://util.java'. Namespace prefixes must be set on the Definition
> object using the addNamespace(...) method.:
>
> Looks to me like it's barfing on the "java.util.List" return type of the
> "listClients" session bean interface method.  The real questions are:
>
> 1) WHY?
>
> 2) Why doesn�t the Wiki or the documentation for java2wsdl explain *what
> it means* to get this error from java2wsdl?  (And/or, why doesn't this
> error get caught by java2wsdl and given a better diagnostic message?)
> There's no way to know *what to do in your Java code* (or even in your
> java2wsdl target) to fix this error, given the wording of the error
> itself.
>
> Cheers!
> Rob

=== message truncated ===

=====

RE: WSDL generation problem

> [...]

>       throws com.nimblefish.core.exception.NFNoSuchEntityException,
> java.rmi.RemoteException;
>
>    /**
>     * Delete the given campaign.
>     * @throws NFNoSuchEntityException if no such campaign    */
>    public void deleteCampaign( java.lang.Long campaignId )
>       throws com.nimblefish.core.exception.NFNoSuchEntityException,
> java.rmi.RemoteException;
>
>    /**
>     * Update the Campaign object. Call this whenever you have modified
> campaign object (via any of the campaign.set*() methods).
>     * @param campaign
>     * @throws NFNoSuchEntityException if no campaign with that ID
exists
> */
>    public void updateCampaign(
> com.nimblefish.core.domain.campaign.Campaign campaign )
>       throws com.nimblefish.core.exception.NFNoSuchEntityException,

=== message truncated ===

=====

RE: WSDL generation problem

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
> [...]

>       throws com.nimblefish.core.exception.NFNoSuchEntityException,
> java.rmi.RemoteException;
>
>    /**
>     * Delete the given campaign.
>     * @throws NFNoSuchEntityException if no such campaign    */
>    public void deleteCampaign( java.lang.Long campaignId )
>       throws com.nimblefish.core.exception.NFNoSuchEntityException,
> java.rmi.RemoteException;
>
>    /**
>     * Update the Campaign object. Call this whenever you have modified a
> campaign object (via any of the campaign.set*() methods).
>     * @param campaign
>     * @throws NFNoSuchEntityException if no campaign with that ID exists
> */
>    public void updateCampaign(
> com.nimblefish.core.domain.campaign.Campaign campaign )
>       throws com.nimblefish.core.exception.NFNoSuchEntityException,

=== message truncated ===

=====

RE: WSDL generation problem

you should not get this problem in Axis 1.2 Beta. If you do, then please
open a bug report.

thanks,
dims

--- Rob Jellinghaus <ro...@nimblefish.com> wrote:
> If ever a problem deserved to be a FAQ on the Wiki, this is it.  I had
> exactly the same problem only with "http://util.java" instead of
> "http://management.javax".  Overall the java2wsdl documentation MUST
> describe what to do when this problem is hit....
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
>         at

org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.j
> ava:339)
>         at
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:287)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.jav
> a:806)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:752)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(H
> ttpConnectionHandler.java:213)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416

=====

RE: WSDL generation problem

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Rob, Jagannath,