Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Hellmann Peter (ext) ICM RDC IS VDR RD" <Pe...@mch.siemens.de> on 2002/03/21 15:48:28 UTC

comments from within the DTD appear in the output xml

Hi all,

i am using xerces 2.0.1 for validating xml against a dtd and afterwards
manipulating the dom tree.
When i use the serializer, all my comments from within the DTD appear in the
output xml. Is there
a way to avoid this?

With xerces 2.0.1 the functions getFeaturesRecognized() as well as
getPropertiesRecognized() are
depricated. What do i have to do to find out about features and properties
with xerces 2.0.1 ?

Thanks for any hints,

kind regards
Peter Hellmann

Re: comments from within the DTD appear in the output xml

Posted by Elena Litani <el...@ca.ibm.com>.

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
> I don't
> think the Xerces folks make nightly builds available, though if I'm
> wrong perhaps someone could point me at the right URL?

The nightly build -

http://gump.covalent.net/jars/latest/xml-xerces2/

--
Elena Litani / IBM Toronto

Re: comments from within the DTD appear in the output xml

Posted by Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@metalab.unc.edu>.
>Hi all,
>
>i am using xerces 2.0.1 for validating xml against a dtd and afterwards
>manipulating the dom tree.
>When i use the serializer, all my comments from within the DTD appear in the
>output xml. Is there
>a way to avoid this?

I just posted a bug on this yesterday and was told it had been fixed
in CVS. I haven't verified that yet, but I assume it's true. You can
wait for the next release or make your own build from CVS. I don't

|             http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/bible2/              |