Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Erez Koler <Er...@harmonicinc.com> on 2019/02/19 20:44:37 UTC

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: corrupt data with multiple concurrent client

No , diags looks normal

Posted by Erez Koler <Er...@harmonicinc.com>.
Wrong content length. Corruption in data itself , not headers (response code is 200)

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by ezko <er...@harmonicinc.com>.
so looking even closer we now believe that the problem is with the client
simulator. it seems locust for example accepts gzip encoding , and the
origin does sometimes returns gzip  (so ATS has 2 alternates). so probably
locust doesn't handle correctly the missing Content-Length with gzip
encoding , thus showing false negatives.
thanks.

Posted by ezko <er...@harmonicinc.com>.
OK , so i took a closer look and it seems ATS sometimes returns
returns Content-Type: application/vnd.apple.mpegurl.
we are not using any compress plugins , so why does ATS return compress data
?
thanks for the support,
erez

origin response:
< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Accept-Ranges: bytes
< Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
< Access-Control-Expose-Headers: Date
< Cache-Control: max-age=1
< Cache-Control: public
< Cache-control: no-cache="set-cookie"
< Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 07:04:51 GMT
< ETag: "5c6cfbe0-341"
< Expires: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 07:04:52 GMT
< Last-Modified: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 07:04:00 GMT
< Set-Cookie: AWSELB=XXXXXX;PATH=/;MAX-AGE=7200
< Vary: Accept-Encoding
< Vary: Accept-Encoding
< Connection: keep-alive
<

ATS response:
< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
< Access-Control-Expose-Headers: Date
< Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 07:07:14 GMT
< Etag: "5c6cfc9e-1b5"
< Expires: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 07:07:15 GMT
< Last-Modified: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 07:07:10 GMT
< Vary: Accept-Encoding
< Age: 0
< Connection: keep-alive
< Via: https/1.1 vds-cache (ApacheTrafficServer/7.1.6 [uScSsNfUpSeN:t cCSi p
sS])
< Server: ATS/7.1.6
<
* Connection #0 to host .... left intact
�M�������/hf_MyV,��6���-�C0�Ǔ�-�t�(Ȉ�AU�J'p�8��*%zO|�>

Posted by Erez Koler <Er...@harmonicinc.com>.
No. I don't think so but i will double check.

Is the origin sending the data as Transfer-Encoding: Chunked? On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 12:53 PM Jeremy Payne wrote: > > ok.. i'm currently looking at some production 'document truncated' > errors.. which seem to only occur during these thundering herd > events.. > we're not using collapsed forwarding, but we do have rww set to 1. > > On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 2:44 PM Erez Koler wrote: > > > > No , diags looks normal > > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: Jeremy Payne [mailto:jp557198@gmail.com] > > Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 10:36 PM > > To: users@trafficserver.apache.org > > Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: corrupt data with multiple concurrent client > > > > question... are you seeing 'document truncated' in the diag log? > > > > On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 1:45 PM ezko wrote: > > > > > > hi, > > > with ATS 7.1.6 reverse proxy for live HLS , we are seeing corrupted data on > > > the playlist when 300 concurrent clients are playing the same content (same > > > profile). we tried several client simulators like locust and jmeter HLS > > > plugins with same results. > > > we configured collapsed forward plugin and RWW as described in the docs. > > > collapsed_forwarding > > > > > > reducing-origin-server-requests-avoiding-the-thundering-herd > > > > > > any ideas how to debug ? > > > Thanks. > > > erez > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > Sent from: http://apache-traffic-server.24303.n7.nabble.com/

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: corrupt data with multiple concurrent client

Posted by Miles Libbey <ml...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeremy Payne <jp...@gmail.com>.