Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by cadefogi <fi...@spawar.navy.mil> on 2009/04/23 21:09:38 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache HTTP Server 2.2.12 or 2.2.11 with OpenSSL 0.9.8j or newer Windows installer

Hello,

Are there plans to build a new Apache HTTP Server 2.2.12 version with
OpenSSL 0.9.8j or newer and release Windows MSI Installer package with
Apache HTTP Server 2.2.12 built with OpenSSL 0.9.8j or OpenSSL 0.9.8k in the
near future?

Does anyone know of a pre-built Windows MSI Installer for Apache HTTP Server
2.2.11 built with OpenSSL 0.9.8j or OpenSSL 0.9.8k?

There is a 'Win32 Binary including OpenSSL 0.9.8i (MSI Installer)' at
http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi but it was built with OpenSSL 0.9.8i
not OpenSSL 0.9.8j or newer.

There is also a Windows Apache HTTP Server 2.2.11 build ('Apache 2.2.11
apr-1.3.3 apr-util-1.3.4 apr-iconv-1.2.1 openssl-0.9.8i+asm zlib-1.2.3+asm')
at http://www.apachelounge.com/download/ but it was also built with OpenSSL
0.9.8i not OpenSSL 0.9.8j or newer.

Thanks, Steve

Re: [users@httpd] Apache HTTP Server 2.2.12 or 2.2.11 with OpenSSL 0.9.8j or newer Windows installer

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
cadefogi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Are there plans to build a new Apache HTTP Server 2.2.12 version with
> OpenSSL 0.9.8j or newer and release Windows MSI Installer package with
> Apache HTTP Server 2.2.12 built with OpenSSL 0.9.8j or OpenSSL 0.9.8k in the
> near future?

Yes, it will include the current OpenSSL when 2.2.12 is released.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache HTTP Server 2.2.12 or 2.2.11 with OpenSSL 0.9.8j or newer Windows installer

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
cadefogi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Are there plans to build a new Apache HTTP Server 2.2.12

Whoops, I forgot to answer the rest of your question... there is talk afoot
about rolling a candidate for 2.2.12 in the 'near future' which usually
means a week to wake up and get working, a week of work, and a week of
figuring out what broke :)

> Does anyone know of a pre-built Windows MSI Installer for Apache HTTP Server
> 2.2.11 built with OpenSSL 0.9.8j or OpenSSL 0.9.8k?

Open-source-wise, no, I don't.  I've considered offering binaries to the
openssl group though. Proper builds of ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll against
msvcrt.dll should just drop in painlessly.  We'll see how I'm doing in free
time, they obviously don't want random packages from the world.  There
were some folks who just distributed compilations of openssl, not sure
where they've all gone to or if they are still active.

I know I created patches that are waiting for enough demand to put them
through QA, but that is SpringSource's commercial offering.

> There is a 'Win32 Binary including OpenSSL 0.9.8i (MSI Installer)' at
> http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi but it was built with OpenSSL 0.9.8i
> not OpenSSL 0.9.8j or newer.

Correct; we only repackage if there is a vulnerability which *affects
httpd*, not any abstract use of the components.