Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bo...@redwerk.com> on 2007/10/08 09:41:54 UTC

custom adapter to JCR repository

Hello!

We need to integrate legacy repository into JCR served by JackRabbit. We were
looking at JackRabbit sources and initially we thought it would be enough to
implement custom FileSystem and specify it for repository. However we found it
isn't right way, and to save time I would like to ask - what is the proper way
for such integration?

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky

Re: custom adapter to JCR repository

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi Eugeny,

the jackrabbit spi related modules may be what you are looking for.
jackrabbit-spi defines interfaces which are much easier to implement than the
javax.jcr.* ones. once you have that you simply put jackrabbit-jcr2spi on top of
it and you have a JCR repository. for an example implementation see
jackrabbit-spi2jcr which uses JCR repository as a back-end.

regards
  marcel