Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Luiz Antônio M. Pereira" <lp...@ism.com.br> on 2003/05/09 01:49:42 UTC

A problem with "stock" sample client

 Hi,

 despite being able to deploy, have the service viewed ("View the list of
 deployed Web services" link), and even have it recognized and referenced by
 a .NET VB application,  I can´t use the client provided in the sample
 applications.As everything else is supposed to be working fine, I can only
 suspect of my AXISCLASSPATH environment variable and the way I call the
 service from the command line.

 echo $AXISCLASSPATH

 returns (which I broke in  several lines):

 /usr/Tomcat4/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib/axis.jar:
 /usr/Tomcat4/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib/commons-discovery.jar:
 /usr/Tomcat4/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib/commons-logging.jar:
 /usr/Tomcat4/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib/jaxrpc.jar:
 /usr/Tomcat4/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib/saaj.jar:
 /usr/Tomcat4/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib/log4j-1.2.8.jar:
 /usr/Tomcat4/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib/xml-apis.jar:
 /usr/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/common/endorsed/xercesImpl.jar:
 /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1_01/lib/tools.jar

 And the command to invoke the service is:

 java -cp $AXISCLASSPATH

samples.stock.GetQuote -lhttp://localhost/axis/servlet/AxisServlet -uuser1 -
 wpass1 XXX

 which returns the famous

 samples/stock/GetQuote

The Axis version is 1.1RC2.

 I appreciate any help as I am completely confused. Excuses for the
(possibly) silly question.

 Luiz Antonio